We at Locust Grove Mennonite Church are concerned with the safety of our church body and its individual members as the global COVID-19 pandemic continues. A COVID-19 Task Force, with the support of the church Elders, has established a three phase reopening plan to safely re-open church activities.
Beginning October 11, 2020, we are in a new phase that is not in the original ReOpening Plan – Phase 2.1 – which includes the following.
- We offer an abbreviated, socially-distanced service Sunday mornings at 10:30am. It consists of praise and worship music before and after a sermon.
- We are live-streaming that worship service on our Facebook page. We are encouraging any who are ill, high risk (due to age or health status) or anyone who prefers to view online to take advantage of this live-stream so we can maintain unity as a body through this pandemic.
- Masks are encouraged for all attendees who are able to wear one per the CDC recommendations, MDHHS, and the governor’s executive order.
- Sunday school can meet inside the building, masks strongly encouraged.
- Children’s church will meet in the open area only and not go into their separate classrooms, masks required.
- The nursery will be available for use but will not be staffed by volunteers.